In 2018 we were commissioned by Moon Climbing to make a Documentary about one of their sponsored athletes, David Fitzgerald.
DAvid was about to embark on a bouldering trip in Austria and Switzerland to attempt some of the hardest boulders in Europe.
Our aims were to create a high quality documentary of the trip that explored both the technicalities of bouldering and the character and motivations of David. With the end result being a cinematic and engaging film of a high enough standard to be selected for aventure film festivals and enjoy a positive reception online.
- to shoot a high quality documentary of the trip that explored both the technicalities of bouldering and the character and motivations of David. with a final result suitable for selection by film festivals.
- to set a new standard of quality for bouldering films online.
- to increase the brand visibility of moon climbing and promote their products through indirect marketing.
- to capture high quality photographic assets of moon climbing's 2019 product range for web and catalogue use.
- to plan an execute a marketing campaign across social media and the press, in order to maximise viewership.
The 28 minute documentary was featured on
EpicTV, Outside Magazine, BMC TV and UKClimbing
It has been viewed 100,000+ times
on platforms such as YouTube and Facebook
across the world.
The 5 minute festival version of the documentary was officially selected and screened by SHAFF (Sheffield Adventure Film Festival)
It has won two awards in the categories
'Best of Sheffield' and 'Best Climbing Film'
It was also officially selected and screened
by The Irish Adventure Film Festival
Moon Climbing IS running a successful campaign
using the documentary And photos we PRODUCED for their 2019 product line
In the month the film released, The Moon Climbing Facebook page
reached 110,292 individual people through its posts
had an increase of post engagements by 660%
increased its following by thousands on facebook and instagram
“I usually don´t leave comments but this video is just awesome! Really amazing and refreshing!”